• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pink W/yellow Center & Outer Dark Stripe Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pammlla 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Today was my lucky day! I saw a huge Plumeria tree in a backyard close to my neighborhood. I asked for a cutting and was given a very nice 18 inch cutting with two tips for free! The scent is really a strong wonderful Plumeria scent! This tree was so large! I just couldn't believe it. The Tree was about 2 feet taller than the house and about 12 feet across!

Does anyone know if this one has a name? I thought I saw a similar one online listed as Makanani?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pam

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m451/hawaii2008yea/Plumeria/th_PinkCutting3.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m451/hawaii2008yea/Plumeria/th_PinkCutting1.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m451/hawaii2008yea/Plumeria/th_PinkCutting2.jpg

#2 User is offline   Dutchlady 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:16 AM

It's a very lovely bloom but I hesitate to put a name on it.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   LolasMom 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

Awesome find Pammela..Now where do you live again..LOL Congrats ..I have no idea but it is very beautiful and the flowers look big..Whats the scent looks like it may be sweet..

Sonia
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   pammlla 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

Hi Sonia,

Yes the scent is very sweet and strong and the flowers are about 5 inches across. The fragrance from this one cutting which had 3 inflos on the two branches was strong enough to catch the scent 4 feet away! I potted up the cutting today to root. I couldn't bear to cut the inflo's so this will be my first attempt to root a cutting with the inflo's left on. I'll post pictures when I have new growth.

The neighbor who has the tree had just moved in. She didn't know how to take a cutting so I told her how and I left her my card and offered to show her how to root the cuttings if she liked so that she could sell some. Maybe she will give me a call. I also let her know about the Plumeria society that meets in Huntington Beach. She may show up there to get more info. I'd really never seen a tree that large. Another neighbor has two Celadines planted in her front yard and they take up the whole front yard. I thought those were big, but this pink and yellow one is even larger.

Pam

View PostLolasMom, on Jul 19 2010, 05:00 PM, said:

Awesome find Pammela..Now where do you live again..LOL Congrats ..I have no idea but it is very beautiful and the flowers look big..Whats the scent looks like it may be sweet..

Sonia

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users