• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Blooms Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bradsbudsandblooms 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tropical plants, and anything to do with Germany(or Germanic countries) or German history!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Taken before and after the showers yesterday:

Thai Rimfire 2 pics
Baby Shell (Oz)
Sunsweet (Thailand)
Maui Mele (from Jennifer)
Aussie Blush
Kanehoe Sunrise (God, I love this one)
Gold Coast Peachy(Oz)
Dolly Parton (Oz)
Thai Lurline
Wishy Washy (Oz)
Sheer Beauty
Orange Rainbow(Singapore--this year it's the darkest it has ever bloomed for me)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Thai Rimfire 4303 11a.jpg
  • Attached Image: thai rimfire 4304 11b.jpg
  • Attached Image: baby shell 11c.jpg
  • Attached Image: sunsweet 11a.jpg
  • Attached Image: maui mele 11a.jpg
  • Attached Image: Aussie Blush 11a.jpg
  • Attached Image: kanehoe sunset 11a.jpg

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Bradsbudsandblooms 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Tropical plants, and anything to do with Germany(or Germanic countries) or German history!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

continued starting with Gold Coast Peachy...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: gold coast pchy 11a.jpg
  • Attached Image: dolly parton 11b.jpg
  • Attached Image: thai lurline 11a.jpg
  • Attached Image: wishy washy 11b.jpg
  • Attached Image: sheer beauty 11b.jpg
  • Attached Image: orange rainbow 11a.jpg

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   plumania 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Gardening ,fragrant plants,Plumeria, Roses and too many other 'interests' to list here.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

View PostBradsbudsandblooms, on 15 May 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

Taken before and after the showers yesterday:

Thai Rimfire 2 pics
Baby Shell (Oz)
Sunsweet (Thailand)
Maui Mele (from Jennifer)
Aussie Blush
Kanehoe Sunrise (God, I love this one)
Gold Coast Peachy(Oz)
Dolly Parton (Oz)
Thai Lurline
Wishy Washy (Oz)
Sheer Beauty
Orange Rainbow(Singapore--this year it's the darkest it has ever bloomed for me)

All beautiful.I like Rimfire and Sheer beauty most but they are all very very attractive.
Last picture on first set is Kenehoe Sunrise or Sunset? Label on picture is different .
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Bradsbudsandblooms 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hmmmm..thanks for pointing that out--I need to relabel the one in my documents now. It's definitely K. Sunrise. I have all three of the Kanehoe plumerias and this one is, hands down, the prettiest.One thing for sure though is that the names have been a source of confusion for a few years for some folks, even a small degree for those of us who know better and still can't get our pictures correctly labeled. :P
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   jag 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

They are all beautiful. That is a fantastic start to the new aseason.
Joe

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Beachanytime 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:The beach, traveling, gardening, watercolor painting, cooking, and of course, plumerias

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Congratulations! All of them are beautiful!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Sunny Plumeria 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Church and Family activities, reading, gardening, and of course.... growing plumeria... my latest "hobby".

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Nice blooms there Brad... still waiting for some here in Cali....Thanks for posting your pics.

Linda :)

Posted Image

J 105

#8 User is offline   LolasMom 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hi Brad..Dolly Parton and Thai Rimfire are gorgeous..Quick qustion...What is the growth habit on the Thai rimfire..
Have been thinking of getting one ... :D thanks

Sonia
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Bradsbudsandblooms 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Sonia,

I have two plants--one about 6 feet tall and the other was grown from a center cut and is only about 3-4 feet tall. I have noticed it can branch heavily--several from a inflo site---however, the branches seems to be thin, giving them an almost delicate appearance, though they are not weak. I'd say sort semi-compact-compact growth(will be able to determine better once they grow a little more and do not go to the moon), but can appear a little lanky. It is not however unattractive. It has also proven to be one of those that only seems to bloom well once it has gained some size. When both were little plants, I got a couple of small flowers that really weren't that impressive. Now both plants are simply full of gorgeous blooms. The flowers look like they are made of crepe paper--really cool--and they smell very sweet--floral--jasmine-coconut sort of.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jandey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostBradsbudsandblooms, on 16 May 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

Sonia,

I have two plants--one about 6 feet tall and the other was grown from a center cut and is only about 3-4 feet tall. I have noticed it can branch heavily--several from a inflo site---however, the branches seems to be thin, giving them an almost delicate appearance, though they are not weak. I'd say sort semi-compact-compact growth(will be able to determine better once they grow a little more and do not go to the moon), but can appear a little lanky. It is not however unattractive. It has also proven to be one of those that only seems to bloom well once it has gained some size. When both were little plants, I got a couple of small flowers that really weren't that impressive. Now both plants are simply full of gorgeous blooms. The flowers look like they are made of crepe paper--really cool--and they smell very sweet--floral--jasmine-coconut sort of.

Brad, thanks so much for the growth habit details. Honestly, I just can't buy a plant anymore unless there is good info on available its growth habit. Most of us are probably all reaching the point where space is at a premium and buying a plant that will grow two feet a year just isn't feasible.

As we're on the subject, I've been drooling over your pictures of Edi Moragne and Imperial Crown--can you give us any info on those varieties' growth habits? Thanks!

Jen

#11 User is offline   H Scott 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Outstanding!
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   KiwiAndMango 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

I love the Orange Rainbow Brad, do you know if it's similar to one called Orange Hawaii?
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   kaz171 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Contributing Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Florida is going bananas! Thanx for rubbing it in guys.. :lol:
Great show Brad.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   Bradsbudsandblooms 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

My Imperial Crown is still to small to make a definite call on it (under 5 feet), but it would appear to be a semi-compact variety. Edi Moragne has been growing for me a bit spreading like Mary Moragne but seems to be a little on the taller side overall. MM is pretty darn comact as Moragnes go and I think the best choice over all if you're looking for a Moragne that requires less space and blooms its head off throughout the year.

View PostJandey, on 16 May 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostBradsbudsandblooms, on 16 May 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

Sonia,

Brad, thanks so much for the growth habit details. Honestly, I just can't buy a plant anymore unless there is good info on available its growth habit. Most of us are probably all reaching the point where space is at a premium and buying a plant that will grow two feet a year just isn't feasible.

As we're on the subject, I've been drooling over your pictures of Edi Moragne and Imperial Crown--can you give us any info on those varieties' growth habits? Thanks!

Jen

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Bradsbudsandblooms 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

View PostKiwiAndMango, on 17 May 2011 - 04:17 AM, said:

I love the Orange Rainbow Brad, do you know if it's similar to one called Orange Hawaii?

I haven't seen that one before so I can't honestly answer. Sorry..
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users