• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Places To Purchase Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Texas Plumie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Plumerias, gardening and golf

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:46 AM

We would like to purchase a few plumerias since we will be driving from Austin to Palm Desert CA in several weeks along I10. Is there any place along the route? Is there any place once we are in the Palm Desert area?

Since we live in Texas would you recommend we purchase from locals because of the heat factor?

#2 User is offline   ljune 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

Texas Plumie, on May 7 2009, 08:46 AM, said:

We would like to purchase a few plumerias since we will be driving from Austin to Palm Desert CA in several weeks along I10. Is there any place along the route? Is there any place once we are in the Palm Desert area?

Since we live in Texas would you recommend we purchase from locals because of the heat factor?

The Plumeria Society of America will be having it's sale June 13 from 9:30 to 3:00 at the following location. There will be sellers from Texas (excuse if me if I leave someone else out) that will be there with any cultivar you might be interested in. Also the plants will be from the same type weather as you have in Austin. Hope to see you there.

Bay Area Community Center
5002 Nasa Road 1
Seabrook TX 77586

Hope this helps. Have a great day!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Edie 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Plumerias of course

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

I live in the desert. I have not found anyplace here that sells plumerias except for the typical pink white yellow and red.
When I went to the nurseries to inquire about the more exotic plumerias that i was interested in most of the nurseries didn't have a clue what I was talking about. This is not a great place to get plumerias. Hope you have a great trip though.. where are you staying in palm desert? Got to warn you today it was 103 I hope you love the heat>

#4 User is offline   Texas Plumie 

• Pip
  • Interests:Plumerias, gardening and golf

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for the info.

We come to Palm Desert at least 2 times a year as we have a timeshare and play lots of golf. The heat won't bother us, because it's better than Austin as we have heat plus humidity. We were planning on spending more time and going along CA coast but plans got changed so now we will only spend 3 weeks.

We went to the Plumeria Show last year near Houston, what a mad dash for Plumerias and lots of people. We need a slower pace even though we got most of what we was looking for, spent hours, got a lot of info I doubt that I could get my hubby to do that again so soon. He just does not do good in crowds.

#5 User is offline   tuckered-out-angel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Sorry, I don't know of any plumeria 'hook-ups' west Austin...let alone the Palm Desert.

Yes, the PSA Sale can be crazy...but some beauties can be found!! I live about 5 minutes away from where the sale takes place! My sons have played baseball on the fields that are in the park...sometimes I catch myself gazing at the building where the sale is held---dreaming about all the plumerias that will be there in 34 days!!!

If you are looking for some nice plumeria and you are in the Houston area, visit Emerson & Nancy Willis (Nan & the Plumeria Man, mentioned in JL's book) who live in La Porte, SE of Houston, off Galveston Bay. They have thousands of plumeria plants for sale, they will be selling their plants at the sale, but they also sell plants from their home. You can find MANY varieties over there. Emerson is very knowledgeable about plants here in Texas...and beyond. I love to visit them! Especially just before the big sale when their inventory is sky high!!!

Just a suggestion!!! :rolleyes:
Mary Jane

...Deep in the Heart of Texas

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users