Plumeria Forum: Student Killed In Car Wreck Last Night... - Plumeria Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Student Killed In Car Wreck Last Night... Give your teen a hug... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tuckered-out-angel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

I know recently we were having a discussion regarding teen drivers...a fatal accident happened here locally last night, the 1st week of the kids being out on summer vacation. A terrible accident that killed one of students from my oldest son's school. He and a buddy had taken off last night at the same time, unknowingly, that the car accident happened, to go get an ice cream--only he had taken a right--a couple blocks away from where the accident had happened. Hug your kids...Please keep the Stocker family in your thoughts and prayers.

Link to video of accident:

KHOUTV News Video of Car Accident

News Article:

Lutheran South student killed in Pasadena Wreck
Updated: 06.04.09

A student at Lutheran South Academy died Wednesday night in a T-bone collision at the corner of Red Bluff Road and Bay Area Boulevard, Pasadena Police spokesman Vance Mitchell said.

A Honda Civic carrying three teens was traveling from an event at San Jacinto College when the 16-year-old male driver, who was identified only as a student at Clear Springs High, ran the red light, Mitchell said Thursday.

The Civic was struck by a Ford F-250 that had the green light and was also traveling through the intersection.

Lutheran South student Makenzie Stocker died at the scene, Mitchell said. He added that he was told Stocker was 18 years old but is not certain that the age is correct.

“She was a junior getting ready to become a senior,” he said.

A female passenger in the back seat of the Civic, who has not been identified, was transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition.

Police checked on her condition Thursday morning and believe she will survive her injuries.

The Springs student who was driving the Civic and the driver of the F-250 were also transported to Hermann Hospital. Mitchell did not know the condition of the student but said he believes the other driver is recovering.

Police tested the Civic driver for possible intoxication but found no alcohol in his bloodstream, Mitchell said.

A third vehicle became involved in the collision when the other cars apparently ricocheted into it, but none of the passengers in that vehicle were injured.
Mary Jane

...Deep in the Heart of Texas

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   LeslieC 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Contributing Member

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

MJ, how very sad. That could have been my son 1000's of times! Prayers to the family.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   tuckered-out-angel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

I just found out that we know the 16 year old driver--he went to school w/my son since Kindergarten--this is awful (his mom was my youngest son's 2nd grade teacher...). They say he (the driver) is in total shock--screaming--he doesn't remember anything about the accident. They haven't even told him that his friend is dead. The drs. have told the parents to give him a couple of days...this is so sad...
Mary Jane

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   nancycorinne 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I've been a member of this forum since 2004 (I think) - well whatever year it first started. <br /><br />I came here to learn more about growing plumerias but I've made great friends and learned a lot about other flowers I have learned to love like stephanotis, tuberoses, pikaki and hoyas.<br /><br />I play guitar and sing, have a karaoke catalog of about 20 thousand songs and my husband is a drummer. We have been members of different bands over the years - none you would have ever heard of but it's been fun!<br /><br />Currently, I have about 40+ rooted plumerias mostly unknowns. <br /><br />The named ones I have are Heidi, Lei Rainbow, Aztec Gold, of course, gotta have Celadine. I can't think of the others at the moment but I know there are a few. Mostly single tip cuttings at this point. I lost a lot during an unusual freeze a few years ago and was disgusted. I just did not know a lot about keeping them from freeze.<br /><br />I love the colors the fragrance and the diversity of plumerias.<br /><br />Good Growing!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

MaryJane,

You'all have had so many terrible things happen lately. My heart goes out to all the families involved - and there are many, not just the immediate families.

My prayers for you and your kids and the others. They'll never forget this. I had a friend die in a similar way and It has stayed with me throughout my life.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   lopaka 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

That is terrible news MJ we see this all the time where I live..
It's a waste of precious lives..

#6 User is offline   Dutchlady 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

A tragedy. My heart goes out to all involved.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   tuckered-out-angel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

Here's a link to the lead story on the Houston 5 o clock news:

Houston 5 o clock news- Top story/Car accident

Gives you a look at who Mackenzie Stocker was--a beautiful girl.
Mary Jane

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   FLL Plumeria 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Thats such a terrible tragedy!! It leaves me without words.... its just a shame.... a senseless loss.
Patty in South Florida

#9 User is offline   nancycorinne 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I've been a member of this forum since 2004 (I think) - well whatever year it first started. <br /><br />I came here to learn more about growing plumerias but I've made great friends and learned a lot about other flowers I have learned to love like stephanotis, tuberoses, pikaki and hoyas.<br /><br />I play guitar and sing, have a karaoke catalog of about 20 thousand songs and my husband is a drummer. We have been members of different bands over the years - none you would have ever heard of but it's been fun!<br /><br />Currently, I have about 40+ rooted plumerias mostly unknowns. <br /><br />The named ones I have are Heidi, Lei Rainbow, Aztec Gold, of course, gotta have Celadine. I can't think of the others at the moment but I know there are a few. Mostly single tip cuttings at this point. I lost a lot during an unusual freeze a few years ago and was disgusted. I just did not know a lot about keeping them from freeze.<br /><br />I love the colors the fragrance and the diversity of plumerias.<br /><br />Good Growing!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

My heart breaks for those families.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   tuckered-out-angel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

The funeral for Makenzie is Monday morning at 10:30. Many people have hard feelings towards the 16 yr. old boy that was driving (and ran the red light). I have been trying to tell everyone that is 'so mad at the driver' (and don't know him--they also have not released his identity to the public) to think of the long lasting effects of this accident--on everyone. Not everyone is so sympathetic...this is such a sorry situation. This young man will have to live the rest of his life with this. They still have not told him Makenzie has passed away...my heart just breaks for everyone.

Bigh1959: the accident happened just down the street from you...Red Bluff/Bay Area. You know how bad that intersection is...so sad....

Please everyone...keep all the families involved in your thoughts & prayers.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Makenzie.jpg
  • Attached Image: Makenzie.2.jpg
  • Attached Image: Makenzie.3.jpg

Mary Jane

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   FLL Plumeria 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

I hope their anger doesnt stay with them. I can understand them going through that >briefly< as a reaction.... but would expect them to realize it was an ACCIDENT ..... an unintentional accident.... and that the driver will have to live with the guilt forever. No one is perfect.... everyone has made a mistake while driving. Most get lucky and get away with things without causing harm.... but this mistake will haunt this boy and the girls family forever. Its not like he was drunk...... he tested free of any alcohol or drugs. He was just a young boy... an inexperienced driver.... who made a tragic mistake. This is something that can happen to anyone..... even those who are so angry about it.
Patty in South Florida

#12 User is offline   nancycorinne 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

MJ, the accident I referred to earlier had eerily similar scenario. Older kids though. The driver survived but our friend (and his) was killed. He was so depressed. Finally he moved out of the area. Too many reminders. I'm sure it haunts him still.

Awful, awful!
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   tuckered-out-angel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

He is .... so young. Hasn't even had his drivers license for a year===1st day of summer vacation, just finished a ballet photo shoot--the summer had started. Another friend of my son, who spent all day Thursday & Thursday night with us trying to keep busy to keep their minds off everything...found his cell phone yesterday, that he had lost sometime Wednesday (and had several messages...)---Makenzie had called him for a ride Wednesday evening...another young person...wonder: 'if I only would have...'.
Mary Jane

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users