• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plumeria Stenopetala

#1 User is offline   gawn 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

Dear friends,
I would really love to add a stenopetala to my collection - especially as it is said to be a rather small bush and produce many flowers already in small size. And I love the wonderfully starshaped white flowers. But: I haven't yet found a source for seeds or a cutting.
As I am located in Germany there is always the question of phyto and shipping costs. As most US states have enormous prices for the issuing of a phyto, seeds (that can be shipped without) are probably the easier option. But are stenopetala seeds going to be stenopetala trees or do they hybridize with other plumies?
There are also solutions for getting a cutting over here at reasonable expense - and that would of course be a "real" stenopetala. So - can anybody help me with that? Does anybody have a tree that is already producing seeds ? Or would anybody be willing to cut off a branch for me? Other sources?
Greetings ...
Georg

#2 User is offline   Dutchlady 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

Georg, you make a good choice BUT - this 'plant' is anything but a small bush. As a matter of fact it strongly resembles a vine. It has pencil-thin branches that drape themselves over anything. It surely is unique.
The seedlings appear to grow fairly true to the momma plant.
The branches of P. stenopetala WILL NOT root. I have a spectacular grafted tree which Luc (Florida Colors) did for me. Let me see if I can find the picture; ah there it is. Luc took a tall seedling of a different variety with three branches at the top, and grafted the stenopetala branches on to it. It looks like a weeping willow!
This variety of plumeria is one of the strongest scented ones I have ever encountered. The picture of the blooms is from MPG.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Stenopetala_tree_e.jpg
  • Attached Image: stenopetala.jpg

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ijplume 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

This ad was posted on another discussion board. He sold seeds last year and I bought some. He's reliable and is selling seeds again. Irene

Hallo,

Once again I am going to release some Plumeria stenopetala F1 seeds for this season. You can enjoy beautiful variations from this F1 seeds.

You may get very attractive and some very special white flowers.

Before ordering these seeds I request you to go through this album “nrsundaram’s P.stenopetala” at my webshots link:

http://community. webshots. com/user/ plumerianrsundar am

I presume that before contacting me, you were already clicked this album and noted the contents. This will be applicable those who bought seeds last year and misplaced somewhere and still searching the seeds.

How much variations you are going to get from this seeds? The attached image will tell you about this.

Pl contact me through my private mail for seeds: nrsundaram@gmail. com

To Don:

Don’t worry. Plumeria seeds can remain viable for more than a year and some times longer if they held indoors in low light with an average temperature. So you can try even now to locate the seeds.

If not?

I am here to help you.

Thank you.

--
NR.Sundaram.
Benadeniums, Nachalur-639110, Tamilnadu, India.
PH +914323246237 Fax +914323246238 Mobile +919443179208
nrsundaram@gmail. com
http://community. webshots. com/user/ nrsundaram
http://community. webshots. com/user/ nrsadeniums
http://community. webshots. com/user/ plumerianrsundar am

#4 User is offline   gawn 

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Irene! I have already contacted him and ordered just a few minutes ago... Hope they grow!
Georg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users